Sunday 28 April 2013

film production research and evidence

During my current assignment I have been set the task of contacting a musical artist and acquiring consent to use their music file in accordance with a storyboard which I have created.

For evidence of research I will display email which I have sent to musical artists, the first is an email I sent to Matt Bowman lead singer of the Pigeon detectives.

https://dub106.mail.live.com/default.aspx?rru=home&livecom=1#n=146120663&rru=inbox&fid=&st=m.bowman12%40yahoo.co.uk&mid=9883ec22-affe-11e2-9b4f-1cc1de6ddbee&fv=1

Hi Matt.

I am camera operator from Bradford who is needing artist for a video production.

We met at Leeds festival and at your music video in the warddrobe in Leeds.

If you could help or if you new any other bands that could help me that would be really great.

Thanks again.

Jake.
 
 
This email helped me to build contact with the musical artist and also inquire if he was willing to be involved.
 
The second artist which I have contacted is Mick Mcconnell of the Bradford based band SMOKIE.

This is the email I sent to Mick.
 
Hey Mick, 
I have been really influenced by your musical fusion and sonic stew which you have tapped into with a fantastic band.
I am aware that this email address is not for fans but I am shooting a video for Bradford College and we require a fantastic band like yours to be part of a wonderful story.
I understand you have a demanding schedule but if you could please hit me back on this email, I would be brilliant,

Would you be able to help me with narrative short film production.

It involves you being an artist in my video that tells a story using your music.

Many thanks,

Jake.
 
Mick then sent to me via email: https://dub106.mail.live.com/default.aspx?rru=home&livecom=1#n=146120663&rru=inbox&fid=&st=mick%40bitemusicmanagement.com&cid=13370000-0000-0000-0000-f6734abeb2d0&fv=1
 
Hi Jake
 
Give me a call when you like, I'm happy to do it, when I'm at home
 
Mick.
 
Through email I have been able to keep a good contact base with my artists.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment