Wednesday 19 June 2013

L04 - Critically reviewing editing techniques and aesthetic.

For unit L04 I was assigned the task of critically analysing the final narrative music video which I have created, this includes referencing a theory or style of editing techniques and complex problems during the shoot with more than one variable.

The area of study for my narrative music video production is the using of fast cutting, My narrative music video production utilized the style of cutting as I wanted to ensure the narrative short video was succinct and clear.

The problem I experienced with opening scene was a tracking shot in which Graham Woolley comes home from meditation, the camera tracks him from the end of the garden into his house, as I did not have a dolly track I could not ensure that the tracking was smooth and steady, however another variable to improve the type of shot would be a shoulder rig which would be very secure.

The use of cutting as an editing style is something I adhere to and have tried to incorporate as I did not want to focus on any other theory such as colour theory, desaturation, montage theory but instead wanted to focus on types of editors and how they select the cut and where it is best used.

No comments:

Post a Comment