Thursday 21 March 2013

Film Festival Research.


I will paste links to several film festivals this year in the Yorkshire region which will provide great experience and create contacts within the industry.

I will also display the email I sent to each festival for evidence of research.

Yorkshire Film Festivals

Festival dates will be updated as they are announced throughout the year. If you would like to submit something to this page, please email andrew@screenyorkshire.co.uk
Coastival, Scarborough's bi-annual, cross-arts festival
www.coastival.co.uk
Sheffield Adventure Film Festival
www.shaff.co.uk
Bradford International Film Festival
www.bradfordfilmfestival.org.uk

Leeds Young People's Film Festival
www.leedsyoungfilm.co.uk
Sensoria Festivalwww.sensoria.org.uk
Glimmer- Hull International Short Film Festival
www.hullfilm.co.uk
Holmfirth Film Festivalwww.holmfirthfilmfestival.co.uk

Sheffield Doc/Fest
www.sheffdocfest.com
Lovebytes, Digital Art in Sheffield
www.lovebytes.org.uk
Evolution: Lumen's Annual Programme of Film, Sound & Visual Art
www.lumen.org.uk
Co-operative Young Filmmakers Festival
www.youngfilm-makers.coop

Bram Stoker International Film Festivalwww.bramstokerfilmfestival.com
Leeds International Film Festivalwww.leedsfilm.com
Bradford Animation Festival
www.baf.org.uk

Small World International Short Animation Festival, Barnsley
www.smallworldfest.co.uk

Research:

Below is the email I sent to Holmfirth Festival which is from the 17th - 24th May 2013, enquring about Volunteer Placements, I have also attached the link for evidence.
 
Hi,
I am a student of Creative Media Production in Bradford and am very passionate about film production.
I would really benefit from working closely with the festival team in the planning phase of the festival, shadowing different departments, gaining valuable professional experience and developing relationships within the industry.
If there is an oppurtunity to help, this would be brilliant.
Kind Regards.







I also sent the email to the organizers of the Hull Film Festival in July 2013. I have attached the link below for this link.

https://dub002.mail.live.com/mail/#n=1726801942&fid=3&mid=7be62439-925a-11e2-ba4b-1cc1deeae7be&fv=1


Additionally I emailed Elliot Thomas the leader of the Sheffield Documentary Festival which is from 12th until 16th June 2013.

I will enclose the link to this below and paste the email for research and evidence.

Email:

Hi Elliot,

I am currently a student of Creative Media Production and would really relish the prospect of gaining experience in event management at the Sheffield Doc Festival.

I have attached my CV to this email.

Kind Regards.

Jake.

Link: https://dub002.mail.live.com/mail/#n=1726801942&fid=3&mid=d1c1ff3e-9257-11e2-b3b6-1cc1deeb5712&fv=1

Finally I emailed Vanessa Jones from the Brighton Fringe Festival, although it is a considerable distance away this would be great experience.

I have pasted the email below for reference.

Hi Vanessa,

I am enclosing my CV as I would love to Gainan insight into festival and event management and use the experience I have equipped through my various jobs to build up new contacts and knowledge to accompany on my current creative media production course. Utilizing administrative and customer services skills I hope to learn about the press and marketing of an event and gain valuable experience in working under pressure, to tight deadlines within a small, friendly team and charitable organisation.

Kind Regards.
Jake Regan.

No comments:

Post a Comment