Wednesday 20 March 2013

Short Film Fund Application: The Experiments.



Ideas Fund Shorts - Application Form

BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE READ THE ACCOMPANYING TERMS & CONDITIONS

Name
Jake Regan
Project Title
The Experiments.
Date of Birth
(you must be aged between 16-25 on 28th  March 2013)
15/05/1993
Address
13A Laisteridge Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD5 0NH.
Email
kingsofleon08@hotmail.co.uk
Telephone Number (mobile)
07936252062
How did you find out about IdeasTap?

Tutor.

  1. What is your film idea and why is it original and innovative? (up to 100 words)
Short Film – Title: The Experiments.

Plot: Lorenzo is the leader of a graphic novel cult called ‘Supernatural’ in which he creates characters and stories from within his dreams. Lorenzo’s dreams become dark and disturbing and soon the visions become reality. A mysterious man called Esteban who works for a government bureau has got a file called the “experiments” which contains the secret to a drug which implants negative memories into people’s minds, Lorenzo believing that he was drugged decides to seek Esteban and track him down. However Esteban has the ability to see into the future and can predict Lorenzo movements. Lorenzo must figure out how to control his dreams and retrieve the file before his memory is erased.

My idea is original as it contains concepts such as the supernatural and reality which are interconnected  which has not been previously crafted before, the idea of a cult novel group is all interesting and unique.


  1. How would you benefit from mentoring? (up to 200 words)

IdeasTap offers a brilliant opportunity to be involved in a fantastic production which would help me to utilize the skills I have learned on my course including editing software and the use of cameras. The opportunity to develop my short film would enhance my CV and portfolio and would provide me with the opportunity to market my film at films festivals.

Gaining insight into professional industry contacts and knowledge of film production and how it is coordinated and to learn about the press and marketing of an event would gain me valuable experience in working under pressure, to tight deadlines within a dedicated team based environment which would equip me with skills that are transferable into the media industry.

  1. How many people will be involved in your film project? (please list roles)

Director: Jake Regan.

Editing:  Jake Regan.

Director of Photography: Kathryn Pogue.

Lorenzo: Graham Woolley.

Esteban: Adam Mitilunski.

Producer: Jake Regan.

  1. Please summarise the start and finish dates and key milestones of your project (up to 200 words)

Pre-Production and storyboarding: March 2013.

Script: March 2013.

Location Recces: July 2013.

Risk assessment forms and consent forms: July 2013.

Primary shoot and filming: August 2013.


  1. Please provide a summary of your budget

Cost of shoot: £3000.

Script and Storyboard: £0

My Budget is £5000 added to the £5000 from the IdeasTap Fund would be a total of £10000.


6.  Describe your approach to raising additional money from other sources (including earned income) and explain what you will do if you do not raise as much as you planned?

I currently have a job which I would contribute all the earnings from this towards and I am also due to inherit £30,000 which I would be willing to contribute money towards.

For fundraising activities I would register with Kick-starter which would allow me to gain exposure to my short film and would provide me with a starting base for my short film production.

I would also be willing to do a marathon or extreme sport to raise money.


  1. Tell us about yourself and why you are applying to the Ideas Fund Shorts Award (100 words)
I am a student of Bradford College who is currently studying creative media production and I have studied Film Studies at A level, I have worked in various positions during my studies including in my local store whilst I did my GCSE’S, the job taught me how to work and adhere to strict deadlines and gain knowledge of the demands of daily business, I also regularly attend a film club to increase my knowledge of film. I am passionate about photography and the use of lenses and how they create different effects for film makers and I am very enthusiastic about film auteurs and genres of film. I have applied for apprenticeship schemes with the BBC and the TV network agency to gain practical experience alongside my Theory and I am also actively searching for volunteer based work to add to my CV.


  1. What organisation or individual can provide a reference for you and your project? (Please give name, position, organisation and contact details)

Mark Duggan – Lecturer, Blogger and Film maker of films such as Raven on the Jetty, currently my tutor at Bradford College, Bradford Campus, Great Horton Road, West Yorkshire, BD7 1AY.

Mark Duggan’s email address: M.Duggan@bradfordcollege.ac.uk


Leanne Clark – Head of media studies at Bradford College, Lecturer and Film Theorist – Email address – L.clark2@bradfordcollege.ac.uk


Below I will attach my CV with list of qualifications and work placements.


JAKE REGAN

13A Laisteridge Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD5 0NH.


Mobile – 07936252062
PERSONAL DETAILS
Date of Birth:                        15th May 1993
Gender        :                                                           Male

INTERESTS:   Travelling, Music, World Religions, Sports Coaching, Football, Drama and Tennis. I am interested in different places and cultures and through travel have become interested in Spanish culture.

PERSONAL QUALITIES:  I am honest, friendly, and polite. I have good decision making abilities when it comes to tough situations as I have good communication skills and methods. I am very interested in learning new skills and frequently take extra lessons in Languages. I am very broad minded and interested in people.
Fluent in three different languages; English, French (Learning Spanish)
Voluntary Work: Canterbury- Cancer research UK – November 2005. – Community Helping Scheme.

EMPLOYMENT

Sales Assistant – June 2008 to July 2008
Co- Operative Stores LTD- Greenhill.
Duties: Stock maintenance and helping to run the shop floor for 2 weeks. This was a work placement arranged by my school.
Skills:  Had to deal with various customers and offer my help with product knowledge and service. Also I had to do other jobs to help the manager from time to time.

Shop worker and Store Maintenance – September 2007 to March 2009.

Right Choice- High Street, Herne Bay.
Duties: I worked there for almost 2 years and helped stock up within the shop and clean the shop floor, store room. I got promoted within 6 months after continued hard work and fairly long hours during school days.
The above job has taught me life in the workplace and how a shop has to be consistently monitored and maintained.
I have also learnt communicative skills on talking to the clients from all walks of life.

Paper Round/ Deliverer – June 2011 – September 2011
Kenwins Newsagents Herne Bay –
This position involves various different responsibilities including delivery of various newspapers and maintenance of stock in store; I have had to follow strict instructions from managers and I have learnt to work quickly and efficiently.


McDonalds’ September 2011– Present

During my employment at McDonald’s I have learnt how to work in a dedicated team building organisation which strives to provide the best customer service and fresh food. McDonalds’ prides itself with cleanliness and fantastic working environments and also provides great benefits for staff.

I am told I am a reliable, articulate young man with great potential. I am open minded, open to learning skills and taking on a responsible position as needed.  My work experience to date has brought me into direct contact with customers and the general public in different settings and introduced me to different work places.

I have a huge creative consciousness that I am willing to explore at university, particularly I am highly interested in the exploration of Film and New Media as a specific motif, the experience of being in various productions and continuous time spent viewing films and registering apprentice such as the Television Network and the BBC apprenticeship scheme has highlighted my intense dedication to pursue my film profession.

EDUCATION
St Anselm’s Catholic School, Old Dover Road.
GSCE Examinations Results: 2004-2009.
Year      Grades Subject
2009     C                                    ICT
2009     D        Maths
2009     B        English Language
2009     C        French
2009     BC       Science (Double)
2009     B        English Literature
2009     D        Geography

ASLEVELS- ALEVELS (09-11): Film Studies, Geography and Sociology.


COPE – Course of Personal Effectiveness – January 2012 – July 2012
The Certificate of Personal Effectiveness is a nationally recognised qualification outcome of the ASDAN programmes. The qualifications offer imaginative ways of accrediting young people's activities. They promote, and allow centres to record, a wide range of personal qualities, abilities and achievements of young people, as well as introducing them to new activities and challenges. During my time on the COPE course I learnt team building skills and the rigorous importance of adhering to group deadlines and weekly planning meetings to conduct research and implement research into various projects such as a group health fair and higher project.


Higher National Diploma – Creative Media Production September 2014 – September 2016

The creative media production course has enabled me to develop skills which are interchangeable within the ever demanding industry of Media and Television. The broad showcase of my studies which ranges from learning the history of film and the studio system to utilizing the tools and editing programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro will ensure my knowledge is geared towards current practice, which includes using industry standard equipment; providing me with excellent academic underpinning skills for creative thinking and has enabled me to be employment ready by working on key projects that seek to make an immediate contribution to employment. The units which I have been assessed on include group work, pair activities, investigations, discussions, experiments and note taking and through this experience I have applied for a BBC apprenticeship scheme and Television Network in order to gain work experience whilst gaining qualifications.

References –

Mr. Monk Head of Sixth Form from 2009 -2011 – St Anselm’s Catholic School, Old Dover Rd,
Canterbury
Kent
CT1 3ENTelephone: 01227 826200
Fax: 01227 826201

Shobna and Raul (Owners)
Kenwins Newsagents
213 High Street
Herne Bay
Kent CT6 5AE
Telephone: 01227 375132
Fax: 01227 375132

Mr. Mannion Media Studies and GCSE English Teacher –
St Anselm’s Catholic School, Old Dover Road.












No comments:

Post a Comment