Thursday 23 May 2013

Phone Interview with Hussain Currimbhoy

On Wednesday 22nd May 2013 I went to Sheffield for my induction evening which will prep me with the tools I need ready for the Sheffield Doc Fest from 12th until 16th June.

I contacted Hussain Currimbhoy the programmer of Sheffield Doc Fest and inquired if he was available to conduct and interview with me for the purposes of my research.

Here are the emails which I sent Hussain -

Jake Regan <jregan2df@gmail.com>
6:49 PM (16 hours ago)

to hussain
Hi Hussain,
I am currently conducting interviews into the role of film festivals within the industry.
Would you be okay to partake in an interview?
Regards.
Hussain Currimbhoy
6:57 PM (16 hours ago)

to Sarah, Nikki, me
Hi Jake,

Thanks for writing. 

Can you tell us a bit more about it, about you and where it will be published?

I've CC'd our publicists here who can help liaise 
Hussain 

Hussain Currimbhoy
Film Programmer
-------------------------------------------------
Sheffield Doc/Fest
The Workstation
15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX
UK



  

From: Jake Regan <jregan2df@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2013 18:49
To: Hussain Currimbhoy <hussain@sidf.co.uk>
Subject: Film festival interview
Jake Regan <jregan2df@gmail.com>
7:08 PM (16 hours ago)

to Hussain, Sarah, Nikki
Thanks for your email Hussain.
I am conducting interviews into whether critical sucsess at film festivals guarentees a job in the industry and the importance of film festivals.
The interviews would simply be published on blog/website for the purposes of research.
Many thanks.



Hussain Currimbhoy
8:06 PM (15 hours ago)

to Sarah, Nikki, me
Oh I see.

Ok call me tomorrow at 12:30

07534993632


Hussain Currimbhoy
Film Programmer
-------------------------------------------------
Sheffield Doc/Fest
The Workstation
15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX
UK



I then sent Hussain a brief of the question which I would ask him -

Hi Hussain,
I just wanted to brief you with regards to the phone interview.
The questions which I will ask -
1. What is the purpose of a film festival?

2. What does it mean to you to be involved in film festivals?


3. Why is it year on year Sheffield Doc Fest continues to achieve record levels of attendence?

4. Can you tell me how film festivals have benfited your career?

5. Are film festivals integral to the film industry?


6.What advice would you offer to film makers who are starting out on the festival circuit?

7.What is the artisitic merit of being granted an award at a film festival?

8.What is the importance of film festivals to the film industry?

Also for the purposes of my research could you please send me an email confirming ' I Hussain Currimbhoy hereby certify that I give permission to Jake Regan to record a phone interview for the purposes of his research'.
Many thanks.








No comments:

Post a Comment