Tuesday 21 May 2013

Transcript of telephone interview - with brief.

Today I conducted a phone interview with Matt Heason from the Sheffield Adventure film festival - I will post below the quesitonnaire which I used during the interview and also the Brief for my phone interview.

I emailed Matt Heason and notified him of the phone interview procedure before we began - 


13:32
To: matt@heason.net
Hi Matt.

I have the audio equipment ready to record.

I will just brief you on the outline of the interview.

I will phone and thank you for taking time to partake in this interview, I will state that I am recording to investigate the importance of film festivals within the industry and I will then ask you for your full name and occupation.

Then we will begin the interview in which I ask 12 questions.

Do you accept this and give consent?

Many thanks.

Jake.

Matt Heason replied to me via email -

14:15
To: 'Jake Regan'
 
I Matt Heason certify that give Jake Regan the permission to interview for the purposes of his research.
 
http://www.facebook.com/heason.events - please 'Like' to keep up to date
Heason Events – Speakers, Films & Events for Adventurous Spirits & Minds
20 Main Road | Grindleford | Hope Valley | Derbyshire - S32 2JN | United Kingdom

0044 (0)1433 639378 / 0044 (0)7966 529219 |
Skype: matt.heason
www.heason.net | www.shaff.co.uk | www.cliff-hanger.co.uk | www.buxtonadventurefestival.co.uk


We then begun the phone interview and this is the transcript of my questions - 

Hi Matt, thank you for taking part in my telephone interview, I am very grateful that you have given your time to help with my research.

I am conducting this interview to investigate the the importance of film festivals within the industry.


Questions:

1. Why are film festivals integral to the film industry?




2. Does critical succsess in film festivals guarentee a place in the indsutry?




3. What do you feel are the importance of  film festivals?




4. How do you feel film festivals could raise more awareness for their events?




5. Can you tell me any positive experiencesa film festival has provided you that has enhanced your career?




6. In your opinion how can aspiring film makers get more visibility at film festivals?




7. Do you agree that more awareness needs to be raised for small film festivals in the UK such as Hull Film festival and UK independant shorts?



8. What does it mean to you to be involved with film festivals?




9. What is the importance of film festivals to the arts industry?




10. How can film makers ensure they are unique in an independant film makers market?




11. What is the artistic merit of being awarded at a film festival?



12. Do you have any other comments you would like to make?



No comments:

Post a Comment